Saturday, October 13, 2012

Day 1 - I think I'm gonna be sick!!!

Day 1...are we done yet?  The breakfast juice was actually not bad.  6 carrots and 6 apples (though after the fact we realized we were only supposed to do 4).  It was sweet and fairly palatable.  However, this makes a ton of juice and while the directions are not clear, I think we are to finish each meal.  That meant that we had 3 tumblerfuls of this stuff.  I feel like I'm gonna be sick!!!

The next juice "Mean green" was not particularly good.  Lauren didn't mind it.  I stopped with 1 and a half tumblerfuls.  I couldn't gag anymore down.  It consisted of cucumber, kale, apple, celery, lemon and ginger.  Not my favorite, by any means!!

Third, this one takes the cake for today...I took one sip and thought I was going to vomit on the spot.  I skipped that one.  It was a Gazpacho Juice...that did me in.  I couldn't handle that one.  I don't like gazpacho anyway.  The onion is what threw me over the edge.  Who in their right mind would juice an onion?!?  It was revolting.

So now we are on juice # 4 for the day.  Lauren just dry heaved...not feeling good about this.  What have we done???  I feel terrible.  I know this is all part of the deal.  The first three days are the toughest.  I have a headache, I am tired, I want nothing more than a plain grilled chicken breast, no sauce, no butter, nothing...just pure MEAT!!  I hope I can survive 10 days of this.  The detox process is horrible.  But, again, I did this to myself.  Through my poor eating habits, I have loaded my body with toxins.

Honestly, though, I really want to quit, already.  But we have invested a chunk of change in this (the produce).  So I need to do this.

Lauren is experiencing fluish symptoms (which is part of the normal detox process).  This is awful!!  The smell alone of the juicing process is nauseating.

So bottoms up on the last juice of the day, we skipped one because we got a late start.  I hope tomorrow is better.  I don't know that I can survive another day like today.

No comments:

Post a Comment