Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Food, glorious food; who knows what it taste like?

Forgive the borrowed line from Oliver.  So we are on Day 4 of our quest to eat more on the healthy side.  So far this week we have had...Sausage & Kale Rigatoni (Weight Watchers Recipe).  OK, so admittedly pasta wasn't the healthiest choice.  But Sunday, I think I would have eaten a cow...whole, with the skin and bones.  So I was not being picky.  Last night we had homemade Fettucini Alfredo (again, not exactly low fat) but it was made from scratch.  Delicious!!!   It had Chicken and Broccoli in it.  Tonight we had a fabulous, made-from-scratch pizza.  Instead of pizza sauce I used garlic butter.  On top of that I layered spinach, tomato slices, yellow sweet peppers, onions, a little bit of feta and little bit of mozzarella all on a whole wheat crust homemade crust.  WOW...It hit the spot but without that heavy, artery clogging feeling I get from Papa John's.  And the best part, no acid reflux!!  We also had a spinach salad with all kinds of healthy veggies in it.

I am still not quite at the feeling better moment, but I am hopeful that will come.  We are also still juicing.  I have grown accustomed to the flavors.  It is amazing how different real juice tastes compared to processed juice.  It is definitely different, that is an understatement.  I think I am ready to branch out and start creating my own flavors mixing fruits and veggies.  In all of this, I have come realize that cucumbers are not as bad as I thought and beets are better when they are peeled otherwise they taste like dirt.

I have been doing some reading on juices as well, I am learning all kinds of interesting facts.  My body is toxin filled.  It is amazing that after almost 35 years of not eating well I have gotten my body in the shape it is in.  But I must also say that I am really enjoying experimenting with new foods and flavors.  The pizza tonight was definitely an experiment but it was worth it as it turned out well.

So we plunge ahead, one day and one meal at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment